Monday, December 26, 2011

Axioms

I'm sitting quietly, drinking a cup of coffee, and luxuriating in the silence. Two fast, talking, laughing, carousing daze of Christmas and now the sweet let-down. When I was a child, I used to panic a bit after Christmas. What did I have to look forward to now that the presents were all opened?

My friends, New Years is my favorite holiday. I am quietly contemplating the wonder of rebirth in the dead of winter. What will 2012 bring to me?

Today I read a letter from John Keats to his friend John Taylor when I came across this sparkling paragraph:

Another axiom- That if poetry comes not as naturally as the leaves to a tree, it had better not come at all.- However it may be with me, I cannot help looking into new countries with "O for a Muse of Fire to ascend!"

Although I don't wish to no where near compare myself to him, I would like to think that I too am in search of new countries so to speak. Where are my muses? I've seem to have lost them but I do hope that somehow they will appear once again as the new year rolls in.

No comments:

Post a Comment