Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Tour of Madness 2011

I'm up early as I went to bed at a matronly 10:00 last night. I made Christmas candy (and managed to eat only a little) and wrapped presents. This is our first Christmas together and we have the bad luck of having all four parents divorced. So, we're starting the Christmas Tour of Madness 2011.

While I really do want to see my family and his, what I really want is to stay home with a book. I want to read until I'm in a dreamy state of blindness. I want to sip tea all day and fix a nice dinner. I've set aside reading a chapter a night out loud of Great Expectations to my love. We're reading it together you see. I'm have hoarse this morning from doing the escaped prisoner's voice.

I want to be quiet today.

Wherever you may be, I wish you a Happy Holidays, even if its a quiet one.

2 comments:

  1. Quiet ones.....the best kind!

    Good luck with the tour......
    pretend it's Christmas for you tomorrow!

    Merry, merry!
    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tour was survived, no one was lost and now I'm all snuggled down with a book pretty and you please. Thank you for your concerns Mimi, hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete