Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let's Dance


This blog existed a long time ago. It was grand, verbose, and slightly neurotic. I was in love with someone who wasn't sure of their feelings for me. I was also involved in a poetry scene that left me feeling empty. At the very end, I stopped everything including the entries, the poetry readings, the man who tortured me. I just stopped it all and took a deep breath and picked up a book.

I started reading just for the joy of it. I read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, I read On the Road (again) by Jack Kerouac. I started feeling better, taking walks, getting my head cleared.

What happened? My love came back to me. We spent a year pulling our lives together and now we live in a cute little house in the burbs.

I live a charmed life.

In fact, my fortune said "Your creativity will take you to new heights."

It must be a sign, surely it must be!

I'm just here, writing...it feels good to be back here. I won't put myself under any pressure to fill your time..I just want to be back for a while and to enjoy the sweetness of writing.

1 comment:

  1. YOU are grand, verbose and (I'm hoping!) slightly neurotic! :)

    Looking forward to seeing where your new blog takes you! New Year-New Words!

    Carry on!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete